"What's up, Bess?"

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Schedule

We are already on our 32nd week (of pregnancy) and still counting. In a few weeks time I'll be giving birth. Nate and I are scheduled to return to the Philippines on March 20. But ofcourse before we fly back to Pinas, we will be celebrating Joey's birthday on the 18th. Joey insists on not celebrating it, however we (as in nate and I together with our friends here) wouldn't allow that to happen. Birthdays are supposed to be fun and are meant to be celebrated.

Anyway, last week of March would be the time to prepare for the coming of the baby. I need to prepare the baby stuff. Though I already have most of the things that we need (baby clothes, crib, carrier, cloth diapers, feeding bottles, etc), I still need to get them out of Nate's cabinet and find a place where I can put them in our room. Perhaps I also need to brace myself physically (have to catch up on rest, sleep and eating-i dont gain enough weight here), mentally (have to recall what to do when in labor) and most of all emotionally-i get really weak and afraid at the sight and thought of needles and operations-Yikes! Last week of March would also be the time, I pressume, when I'll be having another ultrasound. As of now, we still don't know the gender of the baby. So hopefully we'd find out on my next ultrasound. Which reminds me-we still need to pick a name for the baby-any suggestions?

So this is our sched for March. I'm sure this month will pass soo quickly and before I realize it, it will be April-our birthing month.

This morning got an email from the doctor asking me for a tentive schedule for my CS (c-section delivery). Hooowhat?!!! The question totally surprised and freaked me out. It took me a while to absorb the question and to figure out a good date. Actually, we, Joey and I-and Nate, already have a date in mind-April 18, but not sure if the doctor would permit. Anyway, I couldn't reply to my doctor immediately. I dont know why-probably because the question just caught me off hand and I was waiting for it t sink it. Hence, I've got no choice since she (Dra. Papa) was wating for an answer. I sent her an email after 1 1/2 hours of sitting in front and staring at the computer monitor (well, that includes some minutes of chatting with my mom-hehe). And as expected she answered back. For now, I'm scheduled to give birth on April 18-but the doctor said she'd still have to check on my and the baby's condition when I get back.



Note: We opted for April 18 since Joey's birthday falls on March 18 and Nathan's birthday falls on July 18. Cute isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home