"What's up, Bess?"

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Simbang Gabi

It has always been a tradition for me and my family to attend the first day of Simbang Gabi. It's because this marks my birthday. So, this year was no different. We woke up at past four to attend the dawn mass at 5 am at our Parish (in Phil-Am, Las Pinas). And as expected, there were plenty of people, young and old alike, even if it was already the second mass-the other mass was at 4 am. After the mass, we dropped by the puto bung-bung stall to buy some-again my birthday is never complete without this (I can do without a cake, spaghetti or ice cream but not puto bung-bung).

Anyway, since we woke up very early this morning, Nate and I went back to bed and rested the whole day. And at around 7 pm, we (mom, dad, Nate and I) had dinner at Friday's, Alabang . We had Ceasar Salad with roasted chicken, pasta, and Nate's favorite, Chicken Fingers. I didn't have that birthday greeting (the one which the Friday's crew does whenever someone celebrates his/her birthday there). Well, I told my folks not to tell since I was also quite in a hurry to get home-to watch the Grand Finals of Pinoy Dream Academy (hehe!).





I'd say my birthday was very simple this year, nothing festive-I think it becomes less festive as you grow older. I guess it's also because Joey wasn't around to celebrate with me. Well, it could've been happier and more complete but since he still had tons of work to do he couldn't come home. :( Hopefully next year, I'd get to spend my birthday with him.


Trivia: According to my dad, I was exactly born at the time of Simbang gabi. My mom was on labor for more than 15 hours already and since it was taking too long for me to be born, my dad thought of attending the dawn mass at 4 am in the hospital. When he returned to check on my mom after the mass, voila! he saw their new baby-MEEH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home