Tanya, our Easter Bundle of Joy
Tanya Arabella was born on April 8, 2007, EASTER SUNDAY, at 9:12 am at Las Pinas Doctors Hospital via C-Section. She was 51 cm. long and weighed 6.05 lbs.
Actually, Tanya was scheduled to be born on April 18, 2007 (since I was to deliver by CS, Joey and i had the option to choose our child's birthdate-we chose April 18 to pattern it on the boys' birthdays, Joey-March 18 and Nathan on July 18). However, things changed when I had my ultrasound on Holy Tuesday.
Holy Tuesday, the sonologist informed us that we were going to have a baby girl-ofcourse we were happy to hear that (Joey wanted a baby girl this time).
Holy Wednesday, I went to Tagaytay to have lunch with my balikbayan cuzzin-whom I didn't see for 15 years. Right after lunch, I received a call from Dra. Papa, my ob. Honestly, I was quite hesitant to answer the call since i didn't tell her I was going to Tagaytay-I couldn't tell her either because i knew i would be scolded-hehe! (Sorry doc!). Anyway, she told me that she got my ultrasound result and found out that the baby's umbilical cord was around the baby's neck. My initial reaction-"uhoh!" but.. I had to remain calm as I didn't want my folks and relatives to panic. Anyway, dra. P advised me to monitor the baby's movement and inform her incase the movements become infrequent. Logically, I didn't get to sleep that night-super praning!
First thing Maundy Thursday, i got a text message from my doctor asking how i and the baby were doing. I told her that the baby's movement seemed to be ok but I was not able to sleep. She said that I had to get enough rest and eat well otherwise the baby would be stressed up too. But I couldn't help not to worry. So, after a series of text exchange, Dra. P suggested to have an early delivery-April 8 (my silent response was "what about the pattern?!") I had to inform Joey immediately of the idea. He welcomed it but was also trying to bargain to wait til the 18th (it gave me the intuition that he might've booked a flight for the 18th, although he was firm that he can't come home due to work). As having an early delivery was the best thing for the baby at that time, Joey and I agreed to it.
On Good Friday I couldn't wait til Sunday. I was too anxious.
Black Saturday, I got a big surprise at 4:30 am-JOEY!! (He flew in via the 12 am Cebu Pacific flight) Nate and I were soo happy to see him. His arrival sure made me less nervous/scared for the upcoming delivery.
And finally on Easter Sunday, we went to the hospital at 7 am and had myself admitted. I was freakin nervous (i despise the sight of needles, injections, etc--it makes me real weak) but I managed to be composed and tried to maintain a jolly aura. At around 8 am, I was brought in to the OR (operating room). While waiting I prayed the rosary and took pleasure in lying on the operating table-hehe!!! (being a big fan of grey's anatomy, I was telling myself "so this is how it feels to be in an operating room. Feels like I'm playing a part in GA!-lol!) Anyway, by 9 am (or was it a few minutes before 9), i was given anesthesia and after a while I dozed off. Didn't know what happened after that (ask my doctor-she said I was panicking) but by 9:12 am we had our easter bundle of joy.
According to my ob, Tanya was no longer entwined around the umbilical cord when they opened me up. However, it was good that I had an early delivery, since I had a very short umbilical cord and had plenty of fluid--prolonging Tanya's stay in my womb could cause complications.
To see more pictures of Tanya Arabella, visit http://teacherbess.multiply.com/photos/album/4

1 Comments:
At 11:52 PM, June 02, 2007 ,
chiarajulieann said...
she's such a cute baby! bunde of joy talaga!
Post a Comment
<< Home