Flu Virus
I was the culprit. Yup, I was the first one who got sick. I was in bed the whole day of Sunday and I couldn't do anything as I was soo groggy. Good thing Joey was home to do the chores and take care of the kids. I felt better on Monday so Joey went to work and Nate went to school. That afternoon Nathan came home complaining of a head ache. He said he probably got soo tired of walking from school. So, I gave him Calpol (children's paracetamol) to ease the pain. But on Tuesday morning when I woke him up for school, he felt hot. I took his temperature and it turned out to be higher than normal (37.7 C). Tanya got the fever too on this day. By Wednesday, Joey couldn't go to work either. He didn't have fever but felt really ill. I, on the other hand, have recuperated quite well. Wednesday onwards, Nathan's fever wouldn't go down inspite continues intake of Calpol every 4 hours. He had 2 episodes of nose bleed and rashes started to come out of his tummy and legs. Joey and I were quite worried that Nate might already have Dengue. We decided to consult a physician yesterday morning. The doctor said Nate was just having a viral flu-the red spots on his tummy and legs are not Dengue rashes-sigh of relief on our side. :) Nate seemed to be better upon returning home from the doctor's clinic. Tanya and Joey have recovered too. But then Nate's rashes were getting worse-they were bigger and were spreading all over his tummy, back and extremities. It was as if he had the world map on his body. Joey and I started to think that it was an allergic reaction to Calpol (strange isn't it?)-which was later confirmed by my dad (apparently it is written in the manuscript that one of calpol's rare side effect is skin rash). Possibly, after several doses of Calpol, Nate developed immunity to the medicine and later developed the "rare side effect." I immediately gave him Benadryl to control the allergy.
To date, Joey, Tanya, Nathan and I have no more fever but Nate still has the BIG spots on his body (we now call him "Dalnathan" get it?-hehe!). We don't know where I got the flu. But thank God we're all getting better.

2 Comments:
At 12:11 PM, August 09, 2007 ,
Lea L. Atacador said...
Dalnathan.. he he.. hope the whole family is better now.. lakas pala ng virus mo bess! :P
At 5:30 PM, August 09, 2007 ,
teacherbess said...
hiyee lea! thanks for dropping by. We're all fine now and Nathan is no longer called dalnathan-hehe. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home