Mommies at work

Together with the other pinoy moms of Griffiths Primary School, we prepared the pabunot (lucky dip game) for the Racial Harmony Day. We agreed to start at 10:30 am at Marilou's place in Changgi Green. I (with Tanya) arrived the place at past 12 (actually I was already there before 12, but got lost within the compound-I went to Blk 712A instead of Blk 712. Plus I kept on entering the wrong lift lobby, hay...). Charo, Cora with daughter Jeng, Vicky and ofcourse Marilou were already there and have started attaching the prizes to the cartolinas. Since I got there right in time for lunch, I helped Malou set the the table. She cooked us some Sinigang, Tortang Talong, and Chicken wings. Cora brought some pasta and garlic bread and Charo brought corned beef. After lunch, Charo and Jeng had to go, but were replaced by Marissa and Cora's other daughter Kath. We resumed to work right after eating-returned to pasting the prizes on the cartolina and writing numbers behind the prizes. By the time our kiddos (Nathan, Nicole-Vicky's daughter and Veronica-Marilou's daughter) arrived at past 2, we were almost done. We let our kids settle down-asked them to change their clothes and eat lunch, while we finished the pabitin. Cora and Kath had to leave by 2:30. Anna came with children (Laura and Christian) in tow came at 3pm. Since there was nothing else to do by the time Marissa left at 3:30pm, we, the mommies, exchanged stories as the kids played and ran around the house. Didn't want to leave as there were more stories to tell and more jokes to laugh at but as they say "there's always a next time." So at 5 pm Nate, Tanya and I left Changi Green to get home in time for Nathan's mandarin "tuition" at 5:30pm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home