A different kind of Holy Week
Holy week this year was very different for me. JC's passion, death and ressurrection is not a big thinghere in Sing basically because its not a catholic country. We were not able to do our traditional bisita iglesia, no Good Friday and Salubong processions to join and watch and no Easter egghunting for Nathan. :(
Here are some pix and some comments of our Holy Week activitites.
Palms were given for free on Palm Sunday. I got 2- a small one for Nathan and another for Joey and me. Nathan attended the children's mass at 11, at the chapel while Joey and I heard mass simultaneously at the main church of Holy Trinity.
I just stayed home on Holy Monday. I had to catch up on ironing our clothes (that's just some of our clothes that i have just ironed. There's still one whole cabinet of crumppled clothes to finish.
And on Tuesday, Joey felt sick and opted to stay home. He has been craving for crabs for the past weeks, so I bought a kilo of flower crabs which we cooked for dinner (cooked pinakbet too). We invited Lala and Beng over, the more the merrier! :)
Went to the Focolare (in Bishan) in the afternoon of Holy Wednesday and met up with Joey in carrefour at 7pm. We ate dinner at Han's in Marina Square to avoid the hassle of preparing dinner and washing the plates after eating. Joey and I ordered for a sirloin steak, while nathan got his favorite fried rice. I was supposed to meet with Rosette in Bugis but my boys were too tired.

Maundy Thursday is still a normal day here-not yet a Holiday. I didnt feel soo well on this day (woke up really dizzy). Joey asked Nathan to skip school and stay home with me, to take care of me-sweet !!!(Joey had to go to the office). I asked Nathan to do the dishes after breakfast, since i still felt very groggy. I felt better in the afternoon, so Nathan and I went to church for the 6:30pm mass cum washing of the feet rites. The washing of the feet was not a big thing here (though there were plenty of people who attended the mass), but the "disciples" were just on ordinary clothes, corny!!!-not like in the Philippines, todo costume!!!! We wanted to do our traditional "Bisita Iglesia" but Joey was tired, i had to prepare dinner and we had Beng and Lala sleeping over.
Good Friday was already a holiday. Lala, Beng, Nathan and I had a dip in the Melville pool and after lunch left for Changi court. At 3 pm, Joey, Nathan and I went to Holy Trinity for incomplete mass and veneration of the cross (Nathan was in the chapel for the kids service and we were at the main church). In fairness, the veneration of the cross is more organized here compared to the Philippines. After the mass, we went to Suntec (inspite of the rain)-yes, malls/stores are open on Good Friday. Infact the mall was more crowded than usual.
On Black Saturday, we met Lala and Beng in the evening at the Far east mall (near Raffles MRT) and had dinner at Naxos, in China Square. We tried thier seafood linguini, crustaceous tartelloni, margherita pizza and garlic chicken-mmmm.....BUONISSIMO!!!! But the dessert was the best!!! We had Naxo's Lava Cake!!!! ;)

China Square
From Left-Right : Joey with China Square at the back, Nathan saw Santa at China Square (santa during Holy Week?! funny!!!!)
Celebrated Easter at McRitchie Park Reservoir. After the 12:30 mass at the HOly Trinity, Joey, Nathan and I, together with Beng and Lala, had lunch at Toa Payoh mall and headed to McRitchie. We had a great "anventure" (as Nathan would say) walking around the reservoir and being drenched in the rain.
"Faces of Cloth" - quilt exhibit at HDB Hub,
Toa Payoh passed by it before having lunch, before going to McRitchie Park
a part of McRitchie Park Reservoir
This was taken after being drenched in the rain.




















1 Comments:
At 8:31 PM, April 29, 2006 ,
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home