"Heaty" and the golden coin
SUMMER IS HERE!!! I could really feel the heat these past days. Mr. Sun has been shinning soo brightly, and the wind has decided to take a rest. Hotta hotta!!! Though the rain would come once in awhile, but it still isn't enough to bring the cool breeze.
Two Fridays ago (March 24), Nathan's right eye turned red. Joey and I thought it got irritated when I accidentally fixed his bangs the previous night during the Sentinels' victory party. Or maybe, he was simply just tired from the party. But the redness lasted for days. One of the yaya's in Melville said it was probably "HEATY"-

"what the hell is HEATY?!" were the exact words lingering in my mind the moment I heard that word. So the following Wednesday (March 29), Joey and I finally decided to bring Nathan to the doctor. The doctor said that it was not a serious case. It wasn't contagious, IT WAS NOT SORE EYES. :D The redness was just caused the change of environment, by the hea t -by "HEATY." - Haha!!! so that's what HEATY means.
Children here usually get that sickness at the beginning of summer. The doctor prescribed optal drops, Spersallerg by Novartis- Nathan hates it (he doesn't like anything placed in his eyes, even the water during bath time).
Anyway, after a few days of medication, the redness slowly subsided :) However, last Saturday evening, Nathan's eye turned terribly red again. Sigh... I was a little hopeless as we almost finished the optal drops. It seems like the medicine wasn't that much helpful. Upon hearing my dilemma, one of my chinese friends recommended that i try the "golden coin" - "o ano naman un?!" (i hope i didnt make a mistake with the name-that was what I remembered I heard from my friend).

The "golden coin" is actually a Herbal medicine you get from Chinese Stores. I think my friend bought this somewhere in Orchard and it seems to be cheap. Anyway, my friend asked me to boil the leaves/flowers (whatever they are) in 2 cups of water, refrigerate the juice and use the juice to wash Nathan's eye (though the juice could also by taken orally, with honey or sugar). She said this herb would help the body cool down and take away the redness of the eye caused by the body's heat (it is also good for the liver and as a stress reliever). Ofcourse Nathan was happier to have that herbal juice than the optal drops. The first time we tried, Nathan liked it immediately. He said it was refreshing and smelled good. Nathan only used the "golden coin" for a few days but it's showing good results. : )
So incase you get a "HEATY" this summer, remember to us the "GOLDEN COIN." ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home