The Doctor is......
After getting a positive result in my preg test my next step was to look for an OB. I was quite excited to see one-since I suspect that I am atleast 2 months pregnant and that would mean hearing the baby's heartbeat thru the dopler test. However, it hasn't been easy to find a doctor (specialist as they call it here) . We've been here for more than a year but I am still not familiar with Singapore's medical practices - especially in seeing/consulting a specialist.
I've tried searching thre the net and asking friends for referrals but I'm not getting good response. Joey, Nate and I tried checking out a private women and children's clinic at a nearby town. They told me they charge $80 for consultation, plus $60 for ultra sound incase there's a need. I was ready to agree, inspite of the cost, but then the lady said that the clinic has only MALE ob-gynes. Uh-oh..... I don't think I'd be comfortable with that. So I just said, I'll think about it because I prefer female doctors to check on me.
Joey tried asking an officemate but he (the officemate) said that they got the ante natal package which amounted to $2k. We decided not to go for that as we intended the child to be born in the Philippines-just in case I am really pregnant. Anyway, I tried calling a friend. She has 3 kids and 2 of which were born here. She reffered me to her doctor, a christian doctor. She claims that the doctor is very good and very gentle. Problem is my friend's doctor is also MALE. :(
I'm still hoping to find a female ob here. Atleast, incase of emergency I know who to call. But with all the experiences that I've been encountering, these give me an impression that most of the doctors in Singapore are MALE.
I've tried searching thre the net and asking friends for referrals but I'm not getting good response. Joey, Nate and I tried checking out a private women and children's clinic at a nearby town. They told me they charge $80 for consultation, plus $60 for ultra sound incase there's a need. I was ready to agree, inspite of the cost, but then the lady said that the clinic has only MALE ob-gynes. Uh-oh..... I don't think I'd be comfortable with that. So I just said, I'll think about it because I prefer female doctors to check on me.
Joey tried asking an officemate but he (the officemate) said that they got the ante natal package which amounted to $2k. We decided not to go for that as we intended the child to be born in the Philippines-just in case I am really pregnant. Anyway, I tried calling a friend. She has 3 kids and 2 of which were born here. She reffered me to her doctor, a christian doctor. She claims that the doctor is very good and very gentle. Problem is my friend's doctor is also MALE. :(
I'm still hoping to find a female ob here. Atleast, incase of emergency I know who to call. But with all the experiences that I've been encountering, these give me an impression that most of the doctors in Singapore are MALE.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home